No new Covid-19 cases at border or in the community today

New ACT health direction in place following Victorian cluster

Victorian Department of Health officials have announced that someone ho tested positive for COVID-19 attended the Collingwood vs Port Adelaide game at the MCG over the weekend, and now contact tracing is underway.

As for everyone else, health officials are asking visitors who were there on Sunday, May 23, to be extra vigilant for any COVID-19 symptoms.

The outbreak ends Victoria's run of zero cases for almost three months and prompted New Zealand to suspend quarantine-free travel with the state for 72 hours from Tuesday evening, while the neighbouring state of South Australia has imposed travel restrictions.

People who sat in the circled seats will be contacted directly by the Victorian Department of Health.

A strict lockdown ordered in Victoria previous year ran for more than 100 days after an outbreak of more than 20,000 infections and 820 deaths, which accounted for about 70% of cases and 90% of deaths nationwide. (Nine) The list of Tier One and Tier Two exposure sites continues to climb in various locations across Melbourne.

A fan sitting in Zone 4, Level 1 of the Great Southern Stand has tested positive for Covid-19.

The growing number of exposure sites and their locations show the virus potentially spreading well beyond Whittlesea and surrounding areas.

New restrictions have been imposed in the state, including the mandatory use of masks indoors and a five-person gathering limit at homes each day.

The restrictions apply to Greater Melbourne, or people travelling into regional Victoria.

"These cases are linked and that's a good thing, but we are very concerned by the number and by the kind of exposure sites", the state's acting Premier James Merlino told reporters in Melbourne.

Bulldogs players and staff were self-isolating just days out from their blockbuster clash with Melbourne as they awaited the results of COVID tests taken on Tuesday.

Genomic sequencing shows the outbreak is linked to the case of a Wollert man, who contracted the virus in South Australian quarantine earlier this month.

Queensland, Western Australia and South Australia have all significantly tightened their borders to Victoria while stopping short of completely slamming them shut for most travellers.



Other news