K-pop star Yong Jun-hyung embroiled in sex bribery scandal

Yong Jun-hyung is the most recent K-pop star to leave the industry after being involved in a sex video scandal

This article was last updated on March 13, 5:45pm.

Seungri, whose real name is Lee Seung-hyun, is accused of arranging sexual services for potential investors in a nightclub in Seoul. According to the Seoul Police, Jung joon Young who is now in his 30s, has been suspected of violating the sexual violence laws in Korea which prohibit the non - consensual filming as well as sharing of intimate videos. The 30-year-old star stand accused of taping 10 or more women.

The reason? A prostitution scandal that has gotten so "big", it has become too hard to handle.

One of the group chats included Seungri of BigBang, who is now under investigation for brokering prostitution for investors.

That report followed closely on the heels of a report that a man who had reported sexual abuse at Burning Sun, a club Seungri is widely thought to have been involved in running, was beaten by the police who arrived on the scene, suggesting possible collusion between the police and the club management.

"I feel very sorry for causing concerns to the people and will faithfully undergo an investigation", Jung told reporters before entering the station. Seungri was its public relations director.

He also said that he had been branded as a "national traitor", and added that he "cannot stand the fact that I'm harming others for my own sake". The CEO, surnamed Yoo, is reported to be Seungri's business partner. While investigating that case, police reportedly found Jung's videos, the BBC reported.

According to the K-pop website, an SBS broadcast revealed what it said were screenshots of the alleged chat room that the celebrities were participants of.

As prostitution is illegal in South Korea, Seungri could find himself in hot water if the accusations are proven to be true. He is also barred from leaving the country.

The K pop singer admitted to his crime and also announced through the medium of his entertainment agency that he is calling it quits to his singing career.

Today, it appears that Yong has backpaddled on his initial claims, saying that he "did not understand the point of the issue" when his agency contacted him for clarification.

Meanwhile, Jung, who was in 2017 cleared of sexual assault accusations, was also sacked from the 2 Days 1 Night variety programme, which he has been a part of since 2013, AllKPop reported. After apologizing repeatedly to fans, Yong announced he would leave Highlight (previously known as Beast), a group he had performed with since 2009.

According to Soompi, Jung said in a statement of apology that he was admitting to "all my crimes". More than anything, I kneel and apologize to the women who appear in the videos who have learned of this disgusting truth as the incident has come to light, and to the many people who must be angry at the situation over which they can not contain their disappointment and astonishment.

Related:

Comments


Other news