Amma refused to visit hospital, regained senses in ambulance: Sasikala

Jayalalitha's health got worsened after her conviction by Bengaluru court: Sasikala

Jayalalithaa had refused to go the hospital, stated Sasikala in an affidavit filed before the Justice Arumughaswamy Commission investigating the death of the former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister. Sasikala then helped Jayalalithaa to her bed, where she "fainted". Read Also: Tamil Nadu: J Jayalalithaa died on evening of December 4, 2016, not December 5, reveals Vk Sasikala's brother Divakaran The next day morning Jayalalithaa told the doctors that although Sasikala compelled her to go to the doctor she refused. However, in an affidavit filed before the probe panel, jailed AIADMK leader VK Sasikala has said that several party leaders met Jayalalithaa at the hospital.

The AIADMK leader, who is now lodged at the Bengaluru Parappana Agrahara prison and serving a 4-year sentence in the Rs 66.6 crore disproportionate assets case, also said that Jayalalithaa had been facing health issues since the beginning of September.

The affidavit says that Jayalalithaa at the Poes Garden restaurant from where she was rushed to the hospital after her collapse.

When contacted, Sasikala's counsel N. Raja Senthoor Pandian, said, "Multiple senior bureaucrats have deposed before the Commission that they met the then CM from September 22, 2016 to December 3, 2016 at Apollo Hospitals".

The affidavit says that around 9.30 pm on September 22, the then CM had just brushed her teeth, when she complained of unease.

Sasikala has also provided the court with a list of 20 doctors who treated Jayalalithaa between November 2014 to September 2016. Worrying about the case had a direct impact on her health, Sasikala says.

Her health deteriorated significantly in the first week of September 2016 due to fluctuating blood sugar levels.

"She was put on the ventilator on September 27 because she couldn't breathe, and on the next day it was doctors from AIIMS who advised that a tracheostomy be done". Sasikala said that she had shot the videos of Jayalalithaa with her permission. They had a meeting on Cauvery and madam herself has dictated and made correction in facts. Akka saw the Governor and raised her hand. She attended her last public event on September 21.

"I started working for her in 1991 and I know well the facts".

Sasikala, born in Mudhaloor Adaiyal Village in Tuticorin, completed B.Ed. and was looking for a teacher's job when she got married to Thilanak of Uvari Village in Tirunelveli District when she was just 19 years of age. Even my relatives used to ask me why I was continuing in the job. "Truth will triumph one day", the driver had told the media.



Other news