Germany still hunting perpetrators of Dortmund bus attack

A window of Dortmund's team bus is damaged after an explosion before the Champions League quarterfinal soccer match between Borussia Dortmund and AS Monaco in Dortmund western Germany Tuesday

I get goosebumps. When we were on the bus last night.

"That is not to say cricket hasn't got its followers - it's also massive, but football is at a whole new level - and will send alarm bells ringing throughout the English game and leagues around the world". "I know soccer is important, but we are only human".

Dortmund were asked by UEFA to play the match on Wednesday night after the fixture at Signal Iduna Park was initially postponed when explosions hit their bus as it left the hotel, with defender Marc Bartra being taken to hospital.

"I have been in games that were delayed for certain reasons or called off, but I have never been on a coach where there has been explosions going off".

To everybody, I want to say that I think the shock is decreasing more and more every day.

Dortmund lost 3-2 in a breathless rearranged encounter, which Tuchel claims his side were told they had to play by a text message from UEFA. I don't wish anyone a feeling like this.

Kylian Mbappe netted twice for Monaco along with a Sven Bender own goal, meaning Ousmane Dembele and Shinji Kagawa's second-half strikes were not enough to rescue a win for Dortmund in their home quarter-final leg. And we are not animals.

German federal prosecutors say they had no evidence that the sole suspect in custody for the bomb attack against the Borussia Dortmund football team bus was linked to the crime.

Admitting that this was the most hard situation the club had faced in decades, Dortmund chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke said they would "not bend before terror".

"We are very happy because we made a big impact".

However, the governing body issued a statement saying the Bundesliga club agreed to the rearrangement of the game.

Bartra, 26, underwent emergency surgery for a broken radius bone and to remove glass that became planted in his arm after the blasts shattered windows on the team's bus. "The investigations have so far shown no evidence that the accused participated in the attack".

He travelled to Turkey in March 2015 and remained in contact with members of IS after arriving in Germany in early 2016, prosecutors said.

"The accused was arrested (on Wednesday) in connection with the attack on the Borussia Dortmund team coach".

Related:

Comments


Other news