Amidst Sexual Harassment Scandal, Bill O'Reilly Announces He's Taking a Vacation

John Oliver Buying TV Ads to Teach US President Donald Trump about Sexual Harassment

The Fox News host assured viewers that his trip was planned long ago, as he takes a vacation "often around this time of year", in order to dispel any notion that it was a forced suspension. The Fox News chairman was given a massive payout a year ago to leave the network after those allegations - all of which he has denied. His father, Rupert, and older brother, Lachlan, also reportedly back O'Reilly and want him to remain on the network. 21st Century Fox declined to comment. Lawyers hired last summer by 21st Century Fox to investigate Roger Ailes are now doing a "deep dive" investigation into O'Reilly's behavior.

Attorneys for the law firm Paul, Weiss (hired last summer by 21st Century Fox to investigate Roger Ailes, the CEO who resigned amidst his own sexual misconduct affair), are now doing a "deep dive" investigation into O'Reilly's behavior. More than 60 advertisers publicly confirmed last week that they would not advertise during "The O'Reilly Factor".

"I shouldn't be laughing, but it's just so weird", said the Fox News host as he watched the video of security guards violently dragging a man off the plane.

Since the Times report was published, more than 70 advertisers have pulled their commercials from The O'Reilly Factor, citing concerns over the allegations.

O'Donnell was a guest and he took issue with O'Reilly's "thug lawyer" for suggesting they may consider legal action against one of O'Reilly's accusers, Wendy Walsh.

Speaking of, the 39-year old comedian revealed during the Sunday night edition of "Last Week Tonight" that he was planning to buy ads on "The O'Reilly Factor" in both NY and Washington.

But O'Reilly, cable TV news' most popular personality, hasn't been abandoned by his audience. Fox News is an integral part of the overall company and generates a significant chunk of the parent's operating profit. Put it to good use, ' O'Reilly said.

O'Reilly has denied the allegations and last week received the backing of President Donald Trump, who described the Fox News host as "a good person". A Fox News spokesperson told nymag.com reporter Gabriel Sherman that O'Reilly will, indeed, return on April 24.

Thanks for your continued support.

.

Tell us what you think! The response, in a word, is heartening.

Related:

Comments


Other news