Man killed trying to charge iPhone while lying in the bath

TragicĀ At the inquest at the West London Coroner's Court the coroner issued a warning about using the'innocuous devices which can be'as dangerous as a hairdryer in a bathroom

A British coroner believes Apple should put a warning label on iPhones after a 32-year-old man was electrocuted to death after his phone fell into the bathtub as the man was bathing, according to The Guardian.

Recording a verdict of accidental death, the coroner said, "These (iPhones) seem like innocuous devices but can be as risky as a hairdryer in a bathroom".

Richard Bull was electrocuted after his charging phone came into contact with his bath water. However, the coroner, a public official who investigates suspicious, sudden or violent deaths, said he was extremely concerned that people didn't realize that phones were as risky near water as, say, hairdryers.

Coroner Dr Sean Cummings reported, This was a tragic accident and I have no reason to believe at all that there is anything other than it being completely accidental.

'They should attach warnings.

Bull, who had used an extension cord from the hallway of his London home to bring the phone into the bath while it charged, suffered burns so severe that when his wife found his body, she thought he had been attacked and called police. I intend to write a report later to the makers of the phone'.

However, connecting a mobile phone to a charger plugged into the mains electricity supply increases the risk of harm. "You don't think there is enough electricity but there is".



Other news