Malaysian envoy to North Korea recalled after Kim Jong Nam slaying

Kim Jong Nam arrives at Beijing airport in Beijing China in this

The Malaysian police also called on Pyongyang to transfer four suspects in Kim's murder.

While officials insist they are following normal procedures with the investigation, the North Korean ambassador to Malaysia, Kang Chol, reacted with fury. "If not, we will compel them to come to us", he said.

"The cause of death is still unknown".

Police were already searching for five additional North Koreans, though four are believed to have fled Kuala Lumpur shortly after the attack and are now believed to be back in Pyongyang. "He collapsed due to heart ailment and died on the way to the hospital".

The IGP today declined to address allegations that Pyongyang was behind the killing of Kim Jong-nam, saying that evidence only showed the involvement of North Koreans.

Seoul believes that North Korea may make some provocative moves against it.

The Associated Press quoted the police chief as saying that the two arrested female suspects were trained to wipe toxin on the target's face.

"We have no reason why we want to do something to paint North Korea in a bad light, but we will be objective", Najib told reporters in Kuala Lumpur.

"We have a very experienced forensic team in the Health Ministry", Health Minister Dr. S. Subramaniam told reporters after Kang announced North Korea would reject the results of any autopsy done under Malaysian government supervision.

Malaysia's determination to carry out an autopsy and refusal to hand over the body directly to North Korea prompted the North Korean ambassador to question the motives of Malaysian authorities in rare comments to the media on Friday.

In a statement issued on Tuesday, the Indonesian Foreign Ministry said that its minister Retno Marsudi had reminded her Malaysian counterpart Anifah Aman that consular access has to be given quickly as required by the Vienna Convention.

Officers have also arrested a 28-year-old Vietnamese woman, as well as a 25-year-old Indonesian and her Malaysian boyfriend. They say that the suspects left the country on the day of the incident, but have not yet disclosed where they traveled to.

Deputy Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Noor Rashid Ibrahim said Malaysian police are cooperating with Interpol and other relevant bodies overseas to track them.

South Korea expects discussions with the United States on designating North Korea as a state sponsor of terrorism, Cho said.



Other news