Man's face blown up after e-cigarette explodes while he's smoking it

Man's face blown up after e-cigarette explodes while he's smoking it

An Idaho man says he lost approximately seven teeth when a vape pen blew up inside his mouth.

Writing on social media, Hall urged fellow vapers to think twice before picking up their device.

According to Andrew Hall, a auto salesman in Pocatello, Idaho was smoking his vape pen when it exploded in his face.

He added that he "always had the shop put it together" and 'looked after it the right way, while taking their advice'.

The next day, on January 16, Hall posted photos of his e-cigarette and a bathroom showing major damage to the sink and burn marks on a wall.

The explosion knocked out his teeth and burned face and neck leaving smoke marks to the wall of his bathroom, where he was at the time.

'I was lucky and they're was a huge amount of damage to the room in my house I was in as well. "I vape (I know, awful and uncool) but I no longer do and I hope to possible sway those that do to maybe reevaluate or find other methods of smoking", he explained to the Daily Mail. There were reports of a wine store employee in New York City receiving third-degree burns after an e-cigarette kept in his trousers exploded suddenly last November.

Hall said: 'I never had any issues with over heating or concerns until the unfortunate happened.

He was rushed to the ICU of his local hospital.

'I know vapes help people quit smoking cigarettes and that's unbelievable. "I would have said, 'No way that's possible, ' until now", he wrote. "Thank you again for everyone that has not went to the instant "this is fake" and actually know I'm real, this really happened and I'm blessed this could have been so much worse".

He posted the graphic images to Facebook and at time of publishing, the post has been liked over 62,000 times and shared nearly 400,000. The products were unregulated until recently so there are few statistics on the exact number of explosions.



Other news